This weekend I hosted a team-building gathering for my wonderful team of coaches. It was the weekend, it was a celebration and it was FUN! We are all very health-conscious people, so there wasn’t a more perfect opportunity for me to test out some FIXATE recipes. I was so happy with the way they turned out–and they were gone pretty quickly. The hummus roll-ups were ridiculously easy to make, stored well….great to pack along as a snack when out and about. I was pleasantly surprised at how moist the peanut butter bars were, they tasted just like my grandma’s peanut butter cookies!
Cucumber Hummus Roll-Ups
Serves 2 (4 roll-ups each)
1 large cucumber
1/4 cup store-bought hummus
1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers, thinly sliced
toothpicks (I didn’t have any!)
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel off long, thin slices of cucumber.
- Spread hummus evenly on each cucumber slice.
- Top evenly with roasted pepper slices.
- Pick up one end of the cucumber slice and roll cucumber loosely around the filling. End with the seam on bottom and secure with a toothpick.
*Counts as 1/2 green and 1/2 blue containers
Peanutty Peanut Butter Squares
Serves 16 (1 square each)
1 1/2 cups all-natural smooth peanut butter
1/2 raw honey (or pure maple syrup)
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 tsp. baking soda, gluten free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly coat an 8×8-inch baking pan with spray. Set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, honey, extract, eggs, and baking soda in a large bowl; mix well.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared pan. Smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes. Squares may be a little soft when coming out of the oven, but they will continue to cook.
- Cool. Cut into squares.