Thanks to some wonderful friends, we have an over abundance of pears! Not sure what the variety is called, but they are the typical kind you seen in the grocery store. I love eating them as a snack or cutting them up on salads, but I was looking for some clean recipes to test out since we have SO MANY!
I loved this pear crumble recipe from wholefoodsnewbody.blogspot.com, it was so simple! I tried to keep it healthy by topping it with plain greek yogurt and some honey. But of course you could make it super tasty by topping it with whipped cream or ice cream-YUM!
Clean Eating Pear Crumble
- 1/2 cup oats (I used old fashioned oats)
- 1/4 cup organic Sucanat (any organic unrefined sugar will work)
- 2 tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 pears (medium to large size) **diced into cubes
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- coconut or olive oil cooking spray
- organic whipped topping, TruWhip or Organic Vanilla Ice Cream for topping (if desired)
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine oats, Sucanat, four, salt, cinnamon and coconut oil and mix well. I used my hands for this.
Place diced pears in a 2 1/2 qt. dish that has been sprayed with coconut oil/olive oil spray. Drizzle with lemon juice and stir to combine. Add crumble topping. Spray the top with cooking spray.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until pears are fork tender and topping is golden brown.