This recipe is actually from Fixate, the 21 Day Fix Cookbook by Autumn Calabrese. I made a couple of substitutions so I can’t call it EXACTLY 21 Day Fix-friendly, but it’s pretty close and definitely clean! The Fixate recipe calls for bananas and apples. I had a TON of pears, so I subbed out the apples, and I didn’t have any ripe bananas, so I used a cup of organic applesauce, and I wanted to use rolled oats instead of almond flour.
Here is the Fixate Recipe for Autumn’s Banana Apple Muffins:
Serves: 9 (1 muffin each)
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium bananas) *I used 1 cup of applesauce
1 Tbs. grass-fed butter, melted
1 1/2 almond flour *I used rolled oats
3/4 tsp. baking soda, gluten free
1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1/2 cup chopped apple (about 3/4 medium apple) *I used chopped pears
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare nine muffin cups by lining with muffin tin liners or coating with spray.
- Combine eggs, banana, and butter in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add almond meal mixture to egg mixture; mix until blended.
- Add apple; mix until just blended.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 16-18 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Transfer muffins to rack; cool.