I have done the 3 Day Refresh several times before for various reasons (getting ready for vacation, a wedding, resetting my body & appetite after a binge). I’ve gotten through it with a BREEZE every single time. But this time……oh boy, this time is feeling very different!
I am going to attribute my hard-core detox symptoms to my horrific eating habits that started during Thanksgiving and stopped the day before I started the “refresh”, lol! So yeah, needless to say this first day has been a DOOZY!
- I started my day with 25oz. of water while I worked out. I know you’re supposed to “take it easy” but I went for it anyways!
- Breakfast was easy-breezy, I drink Shakeology for breakfast 99.9% of the time. I am always happy I can add my frozen banana to it too!
- Fiber Sweep–the only good thing about the Fiber Sweep is when it’s all GONE! It’s not pleasant and mine started to thicken as I tried to get the perfect picture of it. Don’t wait–slam that ish!
- This is where things started to get dicey–I was starving already!
- I savagely scarfed down my broccoli, hummus and fruit and GUZZLED the Vanilla Fresh (which is delicious by the way) in hopes of squashing my hunger.
- Hunger ceased for a solid hour, yay!
- Cucumbers and hummus to the rescue!
- Salted Caramel Yummy Tea–This tea will save your life! Super yummy and satisfying.
- I was SO ready to eat this salad, lemme tell you! It was HUGE!
- Spinach, tomato, cucumber, and pepper, topped with a drizzle of olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Vanilla Fresh for dessert with rum extract was the icing on the cake.
I broke the rules though…
I enjoyed my optional organic vegetable broth a little bit later in the evening because I thought I might actually starve to death. I sipped on this while jealously watching my dog chew a rawhide and forcing my hubby to eat his dinner in the basement. Sorry guys, momma is HANGRY!
Here’s to hoping tomorrow is a bit easier and my abs make a breakthrough. Catch me tomorrow evening for the updates!