Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies
Yields: 15 cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup Gluten Free flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Agave (or liquid Stevia)
- 1 cup finely diced red apple (about 1 medium)
- Whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil or butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the agave. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the apple. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spray with baking spray.
- Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet, and flatten slightly. Bake at 325°F for 13-15 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
NOTES: I used coconut flour, which can make for a dryer cookie. For the best results, dice the apples very finely, otherwise the cookies can fall apart.