Fall is here and that means “soup season!” I love this recipe from the 21 Day Fix inspired cookbook Fixate. It’s jam packed with a ton of nutrient-rich ingredients and is low in fat. I make this often during the Fall and Winter months because it freezes really well and is a quick re-heatable meal on leftover night.
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
4 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
2 cups Grandma’s Tomato Sauce
1 lb. swiss chard, stems trimmed, leaves chopped
1 medium russet potato, peeled, chopped
1 can cannellini beans, drained and rised
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
6 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
6 tsp chopped fresh flat leave (Italian) parsley
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot, and celery; coo, stirring frequently for 8 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute.
- Add broth, Grandma’s Tomato Sauce, chard and potato. Bring to a boil for 8 minutes, or until chard is wilted and potato is tender.
- Add beans; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately sprinkled evenly with cheese and parsley.
*I will also use kale in place of swiss chard, add zucchini and often omit the potatoes to save on yellow containers.
BUY FIXATE HERE!