SERVING SIZE: 1
Portion Fix Counts:
1 green 1 red 1 purple 1 tsp 1 blue
1 medium zucchini
1 purple container marinara
1 red container part skim ricotta cheese
1 blue container mozzarella cheese
1 tsp olive oil
Salt, pepper, additional seasonings
-Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
-While the grill is heating, slice the zucchini lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick planks.
-Spray with cooking spray.
-Place the zucchini on the hot grill and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until the zucchini is soft and pliable.
-Remove from the grill and cool until they can be handled.
- Mix ricotta cheese with 1 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, Italian seasoning, parsley, etc. (up to you!)
- You can also add a few tablespoons of chopped kale or spinach.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of marinara on the bottom of a small baking/casserole dish.
- Let zucchini cool and blot off any access liquid.
- Lay zucchini out on a flat surface and spread the ricotta cheese evenly along each piece.
- Next, spread the marinara sauce evenly on top of the ricotta.
- Carefully roll each zucchini slice up and place in the baking dish (you can lay it seam side down or upright).
- Top each piece with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 325 for about 15 or until cheese topping is melted.
- Serve immediately.