- 2 pounds lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 large yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons garlic minced
Add your ground beef to a large stock pot. Use your spatula to crumble the beef. Add in your chopped green pepper and onion. Cook on medium high, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned.
If your beef isn’t very lean you’ll want to drain the grease before moving on to the next step. I use a very lean beef so I don’t need to drain mine.
Once your ground beef is cooked it’s time to add the other ingredients to the pot. Stir. Cover and let simmer for 20 – 25 minutes.
Taste. Add extra salt or pepper if that’s your preference. Top with green onions, avocado, cilantro, or onion. Enjoy!