Mini pepper nachos are among one of the favorites in my online health bootcamps! They are so easy to make and very satisfying. You can top these babies with just about anything-beans, beef, chicken, pork, etc. I recently made slow cooker pork carnitas for the first time recently and they proved to be the perfect topping for these pepper nachos!
Pulled Pork Carnitas
- 2 pounds pork butt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 large jalapeño, seed removed and finely diced
- Rinse and pat dry the pork butt
- Combine the chili powder, ground cumin, salt, and pepper then sprinkle all over the pork. Gently pat the dry rub on to the meat so it sticks. Place the pork into the slow cooker
- Drizzle the olive oil on top and add the onion and jalepeno
- Squeeze the juice from two limes over the top and cook on low for 4-6 hours. The thicker the roast, the more time it will take to cook
- After the meat is fully cooked, shred it with two forks, removing any large chunks of fat that remain. Mix the the pulled pork with all the juices in the slow cooker.
Mini Pepper Nachos
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Remove seeds, core, and membrane from bell peppers then slice each one in half to make a “boat.” Place the halfs parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Top the nachos with your toppings on the peppers and cook for 10 minutes or until toppings are warmed through.