- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 medium head broccoli, finely chopped (florets and stalk, about 4 cups)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, finely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 small-medium sweet potato, diced
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened, unsweetened, plain almond milk
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, 1/2 tsp salt, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and sweet potato. Sauté for another 3-5 minutes. Add coconut flour and stir well to combine.
- Add broth, almond milk and another 1/2 tsp salt. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until veggies are tender. Remove from heat and season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender to blend half the soup into a puree. The other half of the soup will give it a nice chunky texture.
- Serve hot with bread, crackers or cheese if not vegan.