- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash, well-drained
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped (approx. ¾ medium)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chives, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1½ tsp. finely grated lemon peel (lemon zest)
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs, gluten-free
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch (preferably GMO-free)
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly coat with olive oil cooking spray. Set aside
- Combine spaghetti squash, onion, garlic, chives, eggs, lemon peel, bread crumbs, cornstarch, salt, and cheese in a large bowl; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Form spaghetti squash mixture into 12 ¼-cup patties. Place patties on prepared pan. Lightly coat tops with spray. Bake for 15 minutes, turning patties over after 7 minutes.
LEMON DILL YOGURT SAUCE
* 2 cups plain yogurt whole-fat or greek yogurt, substitute plain coconut yogurt for a vegan twist
* 1/3 cup fresh dill chopped
* 2 cloves garlic minced
* 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh-squeezed, if possible
* 1/2 tsp sea salt
* 1/2 tsp black pepper
* sprinkle lemon zest to top
* 1 tsp onion powder optional
* Combine yogurt, chopped dill, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
* Once thoroughly combined, add lemon zest to top of sauce for garnish.
* Refrigerate at least a few hours to overnight before serving to let the flavors meld.
* Enjoy! Use within one week.